Questions in Bold
- How much fuel must a pilot decide to take. “Enough for destination, alternate destination and one hour after that.” Who decides this.
- Who makes the announcements on the airplane?
- Push back: Same as: Leave gate, correct?
- Why is it that pilots cannot come out of the cockpit anymore?
- Kinds of Tickets/Things a ticket is good for
- Regional Airlines: fly within the region/connected to major airlines: through code sharing.
- United Express is a type of ________________________.
- Regional jet vs. Regional plane: Is one more similar than the other?
- Cargo: Ups/Fed Ex/Flying Tigers: Do these all go together?
- Big Cargo: Car/Boat/Race Horse
- What are the captain and first officer required to work together on? (Rely heavily on each other during emergencies)
- Charter: Private Service
- Commuter/Regional/Major: Public
- Pilots: Corporate (?), Commercial (captain 1st officer), Flight Instructor (teach individuals to fly/pilot in command)
- Hubs are Bases. United Bases and/or other bases? (List)
- Possible Experience/Building Times/Flying Hours taxonomy.
- Unruly Passengers: On Ground/Before Pushback/Post 911.
- Example Charter: Fort Myers Airways
- Example Commuter: Pocono Airlines
- Example Regional: _____________________
- Example Cargo: Flying Tigers
- Is does size of cargo depend whether airline is major or not?
- Commuters fly the spoke, carrying people to bigger airports: feeding.
|Control Coloumn||No Control Coloumn|
|Vegetables||?||Captain steers w/ left hand|
|Flowers||?||First Officer steers w/ right hand|
|Anything other than people||?||?|
737- mid 60s
767-late 70/early 80s
*Sequence has nothing to do with size